Hello Friday, people! It has been a long week filled with the clash between conservative politics and reality. The Republican war on children continues as Texas and Florida (and every place a GOP operative wants to make some money) fight against science and schools and the opinions of the majority of Americans in the name of … something. It can’t be “freedom,” since the only people the GOP is willing to sacrifice for “freedom” seem to be children and the people WHO take care of children.
Here are some of the things you may have missed today:
- Texas Lt. Gov. says Black people, Dems responsible for massive spike in state’s COVID-19 cases
- DeSantis picked Education Board to withhold state funds from two school districts with mask mandates
- He and his wife got COVID-19. She died last week. This week, he went maskless to anti-vaxx rally
- Most Americans are damn tired of ‘individual liberties’ extremists making them sick
- A ‘constitutional’ sheriff’s fiefdom: COVID amok, guns aplenty, and hunting cougars with hounds
- If Newsom is recalled, his replacement could be right-wing host who was mentor to Stephen Miller
- Nine charged in elaborate multi-agency sting targeting online predators at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
- Cullman, Alabama declares COVID-19 Emergency as Trump prepares for Rally there on Sunday
Martin Samuel is the senior news reporter for Call Centre News Fior Reports. Samuel covers Healthcare. He was attracted to Journalism from the time of college. He has previously worked for The Times. He thinks we should be dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of healthcare and the benefit of society.